Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word keeps crashing after I minimize a document

Also see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555169 "WD: Word Quits
Unexpectedly When Selecting a Document from the Windows Taskbar".

jonilyn wrote:

and I try to maximize the document. It started on a laptop that has been
upgraded to XP. I then transferred everything to a new Dell desktop through
the files and setting wizard so it has a new version of Office on it - still
having the same problems. When I'm working in a document, periodically it
saves to a temporary file on the desktop, which is annoying. I've been
hitting "save" before I minimize but I'm never sure I have the latest version
when I reopen the document and I also have to delete the temporary files on
my desktop. The autorecovery window also appears after Word has crashed but
when I try to open the recovered file, It's encrypted. I haven't had any
problems with Excel or Publisher, just Word. I've also installed all the
Windows and Office updates (except Explorer 7). My virus protection software
is also up to date. Any suggestions?