Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Help - Words broken up on next line

This is usually a symptom of a damaged (or incorrectly encoded) font or a
corrupt document. Some fonts are identified as "decorative"; these include
fonts such as Symbol and Wingdings. Since they are not used for alphanumeric
text, they are allowed to break anywhere. If an ordinary alphanumeric font
is incorrectly tagged as "decorative," then it will have that behavior. If
that is the case, there is no recourse but to choose a different font (or
find an undamaged version if damage is the issue).

In my experience, however, this is much more often the result of a corrupt
document; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"NeedHelp" wrote in message
Problem: When I am typing in MS Word 2007 the last word of my line will
break
off and go to the next line. It is as if I have asked it to hyphenate
words,
however I didn't and it does not put a "-" in the break. It also may break
after only the first letter of the word and then continue the rest of the
word on the next line.

Desired Solution: For words that will not fit on a line to automatically
be
moved to the next line rather than just break off.

What I have tried: I thought it may have been an issue with "text
wrapping",
"word wrap", "hyphenation", margins, or default settings. I cannot fix it
by
editing those. I have tried "removing" formatting as well. Nothing has
worked
to remove it. I have stumped two tech support people with this issue as
well.

How it Started: It started when I pasted some text from a web site into
Word. I thought perhaps that messed up the formatting, but it doesn't make
sense that it would effect everything... Now when I open a new document
the
same thing happens. Somehow it has altered my settings of Word, not just
the
one document.

Any help would be much appreciated. I have my MS Office 2007 CDs so as a
last resort I could uninstall & reinstall, but I think there must be an
easier solution. Thanks for your help!