Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Default All Documents Locked! How to Unlock?

{Chortle} You mean, "MESH fubard its drive image and had to rush out a
fix!" :-)

Had you installed directly from the Microsoft disks, the installation
routine would have cleared the registry for you :-)

Cheers

On 26/1/07 8:40 PM, in article
,
" wrote:

Sorry that info would be on the link, MESH is an online computer store
from where I bought my PC.
The problem I was experiencing was due to some registry settings from a
trial install that were not cleared by the proper install.
It is a slip in Microsofts Installation package. My program was
registered and activated correctly, but uninstalling and clearing the
registry let to a solution to the problem.

Best regards
Erik

On Jan 25, 3:23 am, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
wrote:
Who/what is MESH?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a questionhttp://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

wrote in
ooglegroups.com...

Hi
I found this - this seems to be a solution to the problem.
It's in the registry, but I'm waiting for the fix file from MESH rather
than mess around with the registry myself.
hope this helps

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=57014&page=3

Erik

I've got the same issue with my Word2003. It is activated and
registered (and has been so for some time) but it has just stopped
working some time between Monday Jan 21st 2007 and Tuesday 22nd 2007.
Reinstalling hasn't helped.
When I go Help--Activate.. nothing happens at all.
I was able to download and install the latest security update for
Office 2003 without any problems while I was still experiencing the
problem.

A friend of mine suggested rolling back my installation to before I
first installed Office2003, but that's just too much work,, there must
be a simple answer - who got that?

Best regards
Erik

My Microsoft Word from Office 2003 will not all me to type anything
into any
document (not even a new one). The message coming up in the bottom,
left
corner says: "This modification is not allowed because the document
has been
locked." Most of the options in the menus are unavailable, so I can't
even
try looking for solutions under 'Options', etc. I have tried fully
removing
Small Business 2003, and then installing it again from CD. This has
made no
difference. How can I unlock it?- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted
text -- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410