Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SEF SEF is offline

Default Word 2007 "Contacting the server for Information. Press ESC to can

Word 2007s "Contacting the server for Information. Press ESC to cancel."
feature frequency is making editing my document painful at best. A task that
should take 15 minutes to work on is literally increasing this task to over
an hour due to the frequency of this €ścontacting the server for information€ť.
It takes three to four minutes to perform the update and is occurring every 2
minutes.

I have copied the document and all external files to my local system. I
have set the default printer to a PDF writer that is installed locally.
How can I disable this feature?