Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
FireBrick

Default hope this is the group that can help with this issue

Lately, I will to go a site that will start to open MS Word.
I get some message saying it's installing a feature and requires the Word
disk.

Of course it stalls everything and it takes a couple of cancels to stop it.

It's usually some site that will have parts for sale or various product
listings.
It's not a .pdf file I don't think.

I'd sure like to stop this annoyance as I don't have but the basics of word
on this computer.

So how do I stop these sites from trying to access/start Word?

Please and thank you

When working toward the solution of a problem, it always helps if you know
the answer.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
webcams at http://24.14.49.4:8080
weather at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w9ol/WX/HH.htm