Select the email address and either (a) Ctrl+Spacebar, which will remove the
Hyperlink character style or (b) if you don't need an active hyperlink,
press Ctrl+Shift+F9, which will unlink the address and remove the Hyperlink
style.

To prevent Word from applying this formatting in the first place, clear the
check box for "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks" on the AutoFormat
As You Type tab of Tools | AutoCorrect options. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm

"Mike Barnard" wrote in message
Hi all.

I want to put two email addresses as a part of a header to a letter
template. However, I cannot change the colour that Word gives it, and
I want to remove the underline also. Basicly Word takes over the
properties of the text.

So far I can't find a way out of this, but I'm sure there must be,
somewhere. Using Word 2000. Thanks.

--
Regards from Mike Barnard
'96 Yamaha YZF1000 Thunderace in red, white and grime.

[To reply by email remove ".trousers" spamtrap from email address]