Uncle Joe

I had the same problem trying to update my word 2003
and FrontPage 2003 with SP2. (All my other MS Office
apps are 2000 versions.) I downloaded the 50 MB
update to hard drive from the Office page and launched
its installer. After some 10 minutes, it stopped. Tried this
twice and it just wouldn't run.

I visited Microsoft Update and allowed it to search my
system for potential updates. It indicated that I needed
to update to Office SP2. I allowed it to run from the MS
update page. It downloaded the files and launched the
installer. It took about 30 minutes all total, but the update
concluded successfully.

Oh, I turned off Symantec Internet Security 2005 antivirus
facility during the upgrade process.

"Roy Smith" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm trying to update my Office 2003 software with the SP2 update
that
was recently released, but I keep having a problem. It downloads
the
update, but when it tried to apply the update it encounters a
problem
and closes. I've tried every suggestion that the web site shows to
correct the problem, but nothing works. Any ideas or suggestions?

--

Roy Smith
http://webpages.charter.net/jeffgordonfan327

I use Firefox as my Web browser because I want a browser that
complies with Web standards. See http://www.mozilla.org/.