Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Spell Check Quits

I think this is normal behaviour with fields and should only affect the
field that has been converted to text - however it is easy to resolve.
Select the text and press CTRL+Space to re-apply the underlying style.

Otyokwa wrote:
I am using Word 2007. The steps:
1. I quote something from say a journal article
2. On the References ribbon I "Insert Citation"
3. Once citation is inserted into paper, I right click to edit
citation and put in a page number of the quote.
4. I finally right click on citation and "convert citation to static
text".
5. When I do the above I then have to go to the review ribbon and
click the set language tab and unclick the "do not check spelling or
grammar" box. I must do this every time after I do steps 1-4. The
language is set to English and it is not checked before I do steps
1-4.
Thanks

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

List the steps (exactly) that creates this problem and which Word
version is involved?

Otyokwa wrote:
I am having a problem with spell check. It works fine until I
insert a citation into the paper. If I Insert a citation then edit
citation to place a page number and finally convert citation to
static text the spell check stops checking. I then have to go to
the review ribbon and click on the set language tab because the
box by the "Do not check spelling or grammar" will then be checked.
I then unclick the box and spell check will work fine until the
next time I do the above insert citation steps (inserteditconvert
to text). I have tried to repair word and it doesn't work. I have
gone into the registry and deleted the proofing tools so it made a
new proofing tools registry all to no avail.
Thanks for any advice you may have!