Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RobertJohn[_12_] RobertJohn[_12_] is offline

Default Changing a Style

Beth Melton;2708503 Wrote:
Along with Herbs instructions on creating a new style, to modify an
existing
style make your desired formatting changes, right-click the style, and
then
click "Update style name to match selection". You can modify the
Footnote
style using the same instructions. However, the Footnote Text style is
not
displayed by default. To view the Footnote Text style, on the Styles
task
pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S) and click Options at the bottom. Under "Select

Styles to Show", select "All Styles". You may also want to sort the
list
alphabetically as well.

Also, unlike previous versions Word 2007 now has the ability to
"package"
styles so they can easily be used in other documents. This new feature
is
called a Quick Style Set. What you want to do is make your style
changes and
then make sure each style you want to include in the Style Set also
appears
in the Quick Style gallery on the Home tab. To add a style as a Quick
Style,
right-click the style in the styles pane and then click "Add to Quick
Style
Gallery" (if you see a "Remove" command then it's already added). To
save
the modified Quick Styles as a new Style Set, on the Home tab, in the
Styles
group, click Change Styles, point to Style Set, and then click "Save as

Quick Style Set". After it's been saved in your QuickStyles folder it
should
now appear in the list of Style Sets under Change Styles and can be
used in
any document.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

"RobertJohn" wrote in message

...-

Hi all

I am using Word 2007. For a particular set of documents on which I
am
working I like the look of the Word 2003 style but I want to make
some
changes. First I want to change the font to Arial 12 for the text
body. Second, I want all paragraphs to have a first line indent of
about 1.2cm (or1/2 inch). This is the most important of the changes
and I would be happy if I can achieve this. I have looked at several
articles about changing styles but end up confused. What I want to
be
able to do is have these modifications included as a new style which
can then apply to other existing as well as new documents in the same
way as the other styles can be applied.

The third change I would like is with the footnotes. In the Word 2003
style there is only one space between the number and the first word
of
the footnote text. I would like two spaces. I would also like the
footnote text to be Arial 10.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance

Robert.