Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Importing information from excel to word

Depending on exactly what you need, you may not need a macro. Try...
a. in Excel, open the workbook, select the cell, then Edit|Copy
b. in Word, Edit|Paste Special and select "Paste Link". Then select one of
the options such as Plain text.

A { LINK } field is inserted into the Word document. The result of the LINK
field should be the value in the cell. If you modify the cell content, then
update the LINK field (e.g. by selecting it and pressing F9) the field
result should be updated. You should be able to put such a field most places
in a Word document (although there may be exceptions).

Peter Jamieson
wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone help me with a Macro, I have no experience in VBA at all.
I need a macro that will take a numerical value from a cell in excel
and put the vaule where ever I want it in word. Thanks for your help