Jay Freedman

Michelle wrote:
I would like word to open with a different default template not the
normal template. can this be done and how. I also do not want the
user to be able to use the normal template. Only the one I specify

In general terms, no, you can't. When Word starts without any special
instructions on the command line, it uses Normal.dot to create a new blank
document.

You can, however, supply a desktop shortcut that starts Word with a specific
template. See the description of the /t startup switch at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210565. Note that the "templatename" must
follow immediately after the /t with no intervening space, and if you need
to include the template's path and it contains any spaces, you must put
double quotes around it.

IMHO, locking down Word so it can't use any but a specific template is akin
to buying an expensive car and putting a governor on the engine that limits
it to walking speed. What's the point? Wouldn't training the users be more
reasonable?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman