Tim H.I. Tim H.I. is offline
Junior Member

I have a similar problem; when I highlight a section and press enter, it does not delete it but instead, the cursor skips to below the area highlighted. If I highlight an area and type text, press delete or press backspace they all will overwrite the highlighted area but pressing enter will not delete it (pressing enter used to delete it). I have gone to: tools / options / "typing replaces selection" and the box is checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post
On the Edit tab of Tools | Options, check the box for "Typing replaces
selection."

"AUKenny" wrote in message
If I highlight a section, and I press any key, the cursor jumps to the

front
of the highlighted section, not deleting it. This includes the backspace
key. The only time it works is when I press the delete key.