Jezebel

Dealt with at length in another forum. Please don't waste people's time
multiposting like this.

"Phillip" wrote in message
I don't know you folks and we don't know if you know the answer to this
question, MS Word GURUS. It involves orphan index page numbers
appearing in an MS Word index.

We've tried to remove these entries and their corresponding XE tags, but
the regenerated-updated index still picks up the old page numbers for
the removed index item/entry and continues to display them in the "new"

Is there a fix for this problem that perhaps involves a hidden file such
as a concordance file? Does Word generate a hidden standard index file
that contains a 2-column table for index entries and corresponding page
numbers? If so, where is it so we can KILL it! Or, we would at least
like to modify it to force it to show what we want...

-phillip

PALO ALTO, CA
USA