Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jack

Default Print Preview a Page Range

I use many large documents at work. They range from user manuals to technical
descriptions. Some of them are split into different volumes because of their
size. This means that often the pages numbers do not begin at 1.

I usually only want to print a section of the document, so I use the Page
Range to specify the pages that I want.

Many times I've sent a page range (124-164) that I thought was correct only
to find out I got 30 printed pages from the end of the document, not the ones
I was looking at. Now I have to try to figure out how to translate the page
numbers so I specify the range I'm looking for.

I would like a Preview button on the Print dialog box. After I enter a page
range, then press the Preview button, I'm taken to a print preview of just
the page range I have entered. I can quickly determine if this is the page
range I would like and then press the print button from here to send it to
the printer and commit to generating a hardcopy of the section.
--
Jack Rumple

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout