Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diminished Seventh

Default Combining Documents - Urgent Help Needed

Hi

I have to produce a response to another document and I'm up against a tight
deadline, I hope someone can help me.

I want to include extracts from the original document in my response whilst
preserving ALL of the original formatting and numbering (both list and
heading) of the extracts.

I've tried all the alternative Paste Special... options but none of these
work because the styles in the original document are all based upon the
Normal style. Therefore when I paste them, it reformats based upon the
Normal style in the recipient document. Even if I select the Picture option
(which seems to do the best job), the heading numbers reset to start at 1.

I expect this must be an FAQ but I can't find it after a lot of searching.

Please help!

Thanks