Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Where can I find this symbol?

I feel sure there must be a Unicode character for this, but I don't find it
even in Arial Unicode MS. You might try experimenting with the EQ \o field
(see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm) to create the composite
character, using a circle font character such as character 129 in Wingdings
2. I had a shot at this and achieved not half bad results using Arial for
the UL. I had to increase the font size for the Wingdings character and
raise the U and L. After creating the EQ field character I applied
superscript formatting to the whole thing. It's not perfect but I think
might work with some tweaking. Once you get the character to look right, you
could save it as an AutoText entry.

Perhaps a better approach would be to find the UL symbol as a small graphic
and save it as an AutoText entry. One source of such a graphic would be
http://www.ul.com/mark/art.htm

"dmmcwethy" wrote in message
In Word 2003, I need to find the symbol for Underwriter's Laboratories

(the
letters UL in a circle) to indicate that some electrical components are

"UL
approved". The Insert/Symbol approach works beautifully for the other
symbols I need (the ones for "copyright" and "trademark") but I can't find

font that has the "UL symbol", nor can I type a superscript U and a

subscript
L in a text box overlaid over a circle and then "group" them.

Anyone's help would be appreciated.