Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default (PRIVATE) AND OTHER SYMBOLS SHOWING ON WORD DOCUMENTS

Nor me, which is why I would have liked to have seen the sample document.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I've never had any problem deleting them myself, but the OP claims to
be unable to.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
It should be possible to delete these stray fields just like any
other - send me a sample document containing the fields to the link
on my web page and I'll try and see what it is you are missing here.

Barry wrote:
It didn't change anything. Then I selected all of the text and
tried it again - no change. ?? Any other ideas. Thanks.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

You're seeing field codes. Press Alt+F9 to turn them off.

--
Jay Freedman

"Barry" wrote:

For the first time ever, when I open some documents, I see on the
screen (PRIVATE) around some words and other symbols (tc \1), that
don't print. It doesn't happen when I open some documents, but a
few that haven't been opened in 3 years will have this annoying
formatting information, or whatever it is. I played around with
some formatting options, but nothing seems to get rid of it.