Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Using AutoCorrect to delete space after period

Record a macro. Then put a button for it on a toolbar or the QAT as the case
may be.

The macro I use reduces multiple spaces to one. I ignore the period so I can
catch other multiple spaces in the document. If the client wants two spaces
after a period, I search for period space and replace it with period space
space.

Pam

John Morris wrote:
I realize that the spacebar activates AutoCorrect, but does anyone
know a way to use AutoCorrect or some other feature to automatically
delete the second space in Word 2007 (besides a macro or a Find and
Replace)?

And aside from having the Grammar Checker mark it as incorrect?

Aside from that, too.

It's not for me, you see. I have suggested Find and Replace and
using the spell / grammar checker, but these options are too much
bother, apparently. So is entering 26 AutoCorrections like:
periodspacespace A, B, etc. changes to periodspace A, B,
etc.

But I guess it's not too much trouble asking me to come up with
solutions ;-)

John