Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phyllis Phyllis is offline

Default Screen Captures/Print Screen

Thank you, that did it...and I will definitely check out SnagIt!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If you are creating manuals, you owe yourself a copy of SnagIt
www.techsmith.com, which makes the task of creating and editing screen shots
child's play.

If you are not seeing images in the print layout view, uncheck tools
options view picture placeholders and check 'drawings'.

Phyllis wrote:
In the past, I've used older versions of WORD to paste print screen
captures to put in manuals I've created....in WORD 2003, the only
time I can see the actual item I've pasted is in the reading aloud
view in WORD. I want to see the items so that I can properly crop
them prior to resuming my writing of manuals, any suggestions?