Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default keep figures and captions together

You can use Format Frame to define its position precisely, relative to the
page, the margins, or the paragraph it's anchored to.

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
Thanks Stefan. It wokred and helped a lot. Just one more question about
moving the frame.
When I move the frame to top of the page, it eneters the heading area and

loose control of precisely adujsting its position. I think it has

something
to do with anchoring icon which appears in left margin of the page (frame

was
in left side, first I moved it to right side of page. Anchor didn't come.
Second when I moved frame up, it went wrong)
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Place the object (figure, chart, etc.) "In line with text" (Format |
Object, Layout tab) and press Enter (so that the object is the only
item in a paragraph). Insert the caption in the paragraph below the
object. Select the two paragraphs and then, on the Forms toolbar,
click the Insert Frame button. Word adds a frame around the items,
which will keep them together. Use Format | Frame to set placement
options for the frame, if necessary.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
How can I keep figure or charts with their captions together?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan