Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default keep figures and captions together

If you don't need to position the caption and the figure relative to
the page (or wrap text around them), you don't need the frame.
Instead, as Fred suggested, you could just let them be part of the
ordinary text flow. In such a case, "Keep with next" makes sure that
Word does not break the page between the figure and its caption.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
What is the advantage your method (Not puting a frame)?
Does it solve the moving issue as I mentioned in my previous post?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Idaho Word Man" wrote:

If you don't want a frame around the figure and caption, a simpler

way to
keep them together is to do everything Stefan said except for

inserting a
frame from the Forms toolbar. Instead, format the first paragraph

(whether
it is the figure or the caption) as Keep With Next ¶ (Format |

Paragraph |
Page and Line Breaks).

Fred

"Khoshravan" wrote:

How can I keep figure or charts with their captions together?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan