Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Drop List Options Dependent On Another Drop Down List Option

This job requires a macro. It can be either the exit macro of the
first dropdown or the entry macro of the second dropdown. The macro
has to look at the selected item in the first dropdown, and fill the
list of the second dropdown with the appropriate data.

There are a number of ways of storing the data for the second
dropdown, and the choice depends on factors such as how the form will
be used (on one PC, on a network, emailed out of the company), how
much data there is (how many items in the first list, and how many in
the second list for each one in the first), and how often the data
needs to be changed. If you can give an idea of how these factors play
in your form, I can give more specific advice.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 15:14:02 -0700, Sidneychic.Admin
wrote:

I was just wondering if any one was able to help me with this matter. i am
currently trying to make it so that I can have a list of options in one drop
down list, and depending on what gets picked there, make it so that the
options for the second drop down list correspond with the first. If this
does not make any sense, please tell me so, and I will try to explain more.

Thank You,
Corinne