Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kdubois kdubois is offline

Default Word 2007 Equation Editor - apparent conflict with graphics

I'm glad to know that we're not the only ones having this problem. Does
anyone know if Microsoft is aware of the problem? Are they working on a fix?
Is there a better work around than using the Print to PDF or XPS add-in and
going to PDF prior to printing?

"Bob Mathews" wrote:

Dear Cave -- Keep in mind the "old" equation editor (aka "Microsoft
Equation") is still part of Office 2007. MathType 6 also works very
well with Office 2007, and has more features than either of the
equation editors. Either of these routes would be (IMO) a better
solution than rolling 500 people back to Office 2003.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide

On CaveNerd wrote:

We are having the same issue with Enterprise Office and
Equations. We have tried several "Fix's" such as change the
True_Type font to print as Bitmap, but this is an inconsistant
fix. We Have tried mutiple printer models, brands, and drivers.
Its just seams to be a hit and miss with the equation editor
wether it will print the equations or not. We may have to roll
about 500 users back to 2003 if there is not a workaround for this
issue.