DevArrah

In article ,
"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

It could be that the first document is getting its data from Access using
DDE (particularly if it was originally created using Word 2000 or earlier)
and the second one is using ODBC, or more likely, OLEDB (Word 2002 and
later).

If Access actually starts when you open the first document but not when you
open the second, that is almost certainly the explanation.

To change the way Word connects in Word 2002/2003, check Word
Tools|Options|General|Confirm conversions at open, then go through the
connection process again and choose the one you want when offered.

If it isn't that, I don't know what the difference is.

Peter Jamieson

Thanks
I dunno if that was it but I fixed it by using the general switches i
learned about from the thread below mine