CyberTaz

1- Unless you have a printer driver installed that allows for "edge-to-edge"
printing, you can't. Word must observe the minimum margins dictated by the
printer driver. (I'm not even sure that edge-to-edge is allowable for the
Header/Footer only, which would cause layout problems for the rest of the
document.) That type of page layout work really should employ a full bleed,
for which you need a DTP program such as InDesign, QuarkXpress, or even
Publisher.

2- Make sure you are in ViewHeader and Footer, then go to
InsertPictureFrom file. Apply Text WrapBehind Text from the Picture
Toolbar.

3- In the Header, press Tab twice (although the text you type will be Flush
Right aligned, which may not be what you want. If not , set the appropriate
type of Tab and go from there.

4- You need do nothing more to have the content of Headers & Footers appear
on every page, that happens automatically. For alternatives, use the Page
Setup button and the others on the Header and Footer toolbar.

Good Luck |:)

"whiz-bang" wrote:

he4Hello,
Word 2003, Windows XP Pro
I am trying to create a template for letters, documents, etc. I want a solid
blue bar going across the top with a logo on the far left and address on the
far right. When I try to do this in the header/footer, I can't modifiy the
position or the contents. If I make the page margins zero so the blue bar
goes across the page, it affects the content as well. When I try to cut and
paste or insert the logo into the header, I have problems. I have it looking
the way I want it by using a frame, but it doesn't repeat on next pages. This
is so easy to do in PPT but on Word I can't figure it out. I have seen other
companys with this type of letterhead. I looked through all the tutorials and
they don't really address this:

1. How do I edit header to go full width of page with background color?
2. How do I add an image to that header on the left hand side
3. How do I add adress info at the top right of page
4. How do I choose to have this repeated throughout the document, or how do
I have this on page one and a different one on second page