Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

Default Insert paragraph between table & heading?

I have a table immediately followed by a (numbered) Heading1
paragraph. I want to put a "Body Text" style paragraph in between
them. If I put the cursor at the very end of the last table row and
press return, all I get is another table row (rather than a new
paragraph). I tried to select the last row and change it to "Body
Text", but that only changed the style within the table cells. It
didn't convert the row into a non-table paragraph.

As another way of inserting a paragraph between the table and the
Heading1 paragraph, I put the cursor just before the first letter of
the Heading1 paragraph and pressed return. That created a Heading1
paragraph just before the original one. Now I can change the new
Heading1 paragraph to Body Text. However, all cross-references to the
original Heading1 paragraph now refer to the new Heading1 paragraph.
When I changed the new Heading1 paragraph to Body Text, all the
aforementioned cross-references became (for example) "see Section 0"
instead of the paragraph number of the original Heading 1 paragraph.

Based on what I've been learning from this newsgroup lately, I realize
there's all sorts of acrobatics one might be able to do with revealing
codes and search/replace, but figuring that out really necessary to
insert a paragraph between a table and a heading?

I'm using Word 2003 on Windows XP. Thanks.