Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default Hebrew / right-to-left text

I agree with Peter - this should just work, assuming Hebrew support is
enabled and the text is marked as Hebrew.

Also, I'm not sure just reversing text with a macro will deal with line
breaks properly.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Peter T. Daniels wrote:

IF you're using a Hebrew font that just puts the letters in the a-z, A-Z
etc. slots, then yes, you have to type backwards.

If the font requires that the text is typed backwards (and I hasted to add
I have no knowledge of right left languages) that can easily be fixed with
a macro that will reverse the order of selected text eg

Sub ReverseCharacters()
Dim sText As String
sText = Selection.Range.Text
If Len(sText) 2 Then
MsgBox "You must select at least 2 characters!", _
vbCritical, "Reverse Characters"
Exit Sub
End If
For i = Len(sText) To 1 Step -1