Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default How do I change footer to only show 1 level of path and file name

My fellow MVPs have offered solutions based on what you have, but don't
overlook the obvious. Move your Word documents folder to a folder directly
off the root eg C:\Foldername (Tools options file locations Documents)
and you won't have a long path to deal with

Rose M wrote:
I want to put footer on a document (word and excel) but I only want
to show one level of the path and file name. ex: C:\...\folder\file
name. The choices in the list only give path and file or file name.
Path and file name is too long. Ex: C:\Documents and
Settings\Owner\My Documents\folder name\file name. C:\folder
name\file name is sufficient.