Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Big Dave Big Dave is offline

Default Putting frames into content controls forces extra paragraphs.

Thanks for the reply again

How does one make a table cell 'float'? Table cells have always been inline
only in the past and still seem to be in 2007 - have I missed something new
(or been blind to something that was always there)?

--
Big Dave UK x

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?QmlnIERhdmU=?=,

I believe you helped me out on the query that lead me to using frames - I
would prefer to use a textbox and get away from the 'old tech' frames, but if
you put a textbox in a content control and set it to not be editable (so a
user can't move or resize it) and then put in a CC so the user can put data
inside the textbox and set it to be editable, it still isn't editable

I wonder if it's worth trying to push for these 'features' to be patched?

If you can put together a well-formulated description of the problem(s),
including repro steps PLUS concise arguments as to why the functionality is
required, I can certainly pass it on to the "powers". Since the functionality is
new and destined for expansion, they will certainly look at things. I'd put the
emphasis on what is required as the end-result, rather than saying "fix the old
tech".

Hmmm. An alternate route occurs to me: have you tried using a floating table
(cell) instead of a frame or textbox?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org