Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Putting frames into content controls forces extra paragraphs.

Hi ?B?QmlnIERhdmU=?=,

my
understanding is you don't get paid for posting here?

Not with money :-) The satisfaction of helping people; the fun of trying to
solve a puzzle. Those kinds of intangibles. Whatever turns you on g

Well, I've tried the floating cell, and it fixes one problem, but
unfortunately it's the same problem frames fix and then you still get the
frame related problem if you use a single cell, which I would be.

That problem being the extra paragraph mark?

there seems to be no 'anchor' just the 'link'

Correct. The "anchor" is invisible (which is too bad)

There's some weird behaviour when using arrow keys to move the cursor around
the paragraph the cell is linked to...

It's very annoying and yet another thing that, as far as I am concerned, is
a bug. Why should a one-cell table work differently to a two-cell table?

Could you supplement the report you showed me with this bit of information,
then email it to me (for email address, see link to my website. Put my name in
front of the @, followed by the companyname.ch. (The email address in the
newsgroup header is a "kill file", I read it maybe once a month or less.)

And can you, in that email, mention whether I can pass your email address on
to "the powers" so that they can contact you directly, if they wish?

FWIW, I doubt much will be done for the current version. But some of this
definitely will be of interest for the next one. Especially since I'd expect
them to be integrating the new graphics engine more completely.

I shouldn't complain, I guess - it's these kind of things that keep me in a
job - if it worked fine, anyone could develop with Word!

Heh. I know the feeling :-)

The only other approach that occurs to me would be to abandon
AutoText/Building Blocks and go with automation/inserting XML directly...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org