Doug Robbins

Must be some document!

Your only chance is going to be if you can split the mailmerge main document
into a number of separate documents that draw their mergefields from a
single spreadsheet. You would then have to execute the merge for each main
document to a new document and then use a macro to combine the corresponding
sections from each of these documents.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"lschmitt" wrote in message
I have a document with more fields than are allowed for one mail merge. I
have multiple Excel source data files, most of which contain the maximum
number of columns in Excel. I believe I need to create a series of mail
merge documents, but I can't figure out how. How do I save one document
and
change the source data without losing the original reference file?