Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Default Get columns to work independantly

You could use a 2-column setup (Format Columns €“ click the "Two" icon).

In the first column, you can insert a 1-column table (the left column of
your current table). Insert a column break after the table (Insert Break
Column break).

You can then type whatever needed in the second column independently of the
table in the first column. You can insert a table if you want and it will
still be independent of the leftmost table.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Linda RQ" wrote:

Hi,

Word 2003. I am trying to figure out the best way to create physician
orders in word. I am trying out using a table. Basically the orders have 2
columns. My problem is on the left side sometimes I need to insert a
section with many rows of text, this causes the right side to expand the
cell as well...The right side is a numbered or list with check boxes, and I
use bullets to make the boxes. Is there a way to have the left and right to
space independantly?

I have played around and figured that merging cells on the left works but
it's not too kind when you need to change things later.

Thanks,
Linda