Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kristen Kristen is offline

Default Spell Check

I have also printed out the information provided by Suzanne followed it
step-by-step and it is still failing to recognise any misspelt words in any
document using the Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 suite.

It will however, pick up any grammar errors e.g. the cat sat on the het. It
will pick up the should be The but het will not be picked up and corrected to
hat. In the spelling and grammar box that generates it only has a check box
for check grammar (which is ticked) but there is no check spelling box like
my previous version of Office XP.

Also, I believe this only started a couple of weeks ago when I went to
change the default language from English (United States) to English
(Australia). I was then getting an error message "Cannot find proofing tools
for English (Australia). If you have the proofing tools, try installing or
re-installing them. Contact your local reseller to obtain Office Proofing
tools. For more information, see the Microsoft Office Site." I then changed
it back to English (United States) and although the error message goes away
it is still not checking the spelling.

I'm desperate for fix, so any suggestions will be most welcome although it
sounds like a few people are having the same problem.