Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Default Untidy Text

This is a separate issue. While paste unformatted text will give you no
formatting from the original, it will retain spaces between words and line
or paragraph breaks. Those spaces include spaces which were used in the
original instead of tabs. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm.

Did you look at the page Doug referred you to? The multiple dots are
multiple spaces. They are what happens when one attempts to use a computer
like a typewriter.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/conc...ion/index.html
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Uddhava" wrote in message
"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

If you turn on the display of paragraph marks by clicking on the ¶
button,
you will probably only see one dot between each word meaning that there
is
only one space between each word.

Dear Doug,

No there are multiple dots between the words - if anyone wants to see what
mean please try the first paragraph of this link
http://ccbs.ntu.edu.tw/FULLTEXT/JR-PHIL/inada4.htm as a random example of
web
text.

When you paste something you get the 'paste options' icon and I choose
'keep text only' but in fact I don't get the text only but also the
original
formatting which I don't want, namely short lines and the multiple spaces
that go with the short lines in the original justifying.