Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Creating Legal Ruled Paper

You can edit the pleading templates you download from the MS site. The line
numbers are just a text box anchored to the header (which you can remove),
and you can set the margins to be anything you want. You can certainly
examine the template to see how the line was created. Odds are it's just a
drawing line anchored to the header. But note that it won't print all the
way from top to bottom unless you have a printer that can print full bleed.

"asrisl" wrote in message
I would like to create a 'legal pleading paper" template.That is the
kind with a double vertical line and the left (about an inch in) and a
single vertical line at the right (about a half inch in).

Not trying to put stationers out of business, but it seems that this
should be an easy thing to do myself in Word. But I am stymied. Margins

and
borders don't seem to work. There must be a trick to it.

I know someone must have done this in the past.

(I have found legal pleading paper under 'templates' on the MS free
downloads site, but (1) they contain line numbers and I don't want line
numbers and (2) I cannot set my own margins.)

Help? Thanks.

--Roy