Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ronald Roberts

Default How can I update Styles automatically?

Ronald Roberts wrote:
How can I automate the conversion of a document created with a given
template and style and convert it to a different template which has
different styles, without manually reformatting each paragraph?

If I understand it correctly, the “Automatically Update” option under
Format/Style/Modify Style dialog box, allows you to update an old
document to new styles, but the old document must be the same template.

My problem is I have mannuals created with different templates and
styles and I want to convert them to the same template with the same
type of styles.

Thanks in advance,
Ron

Anne & Stefan,
I can see from your answers, I've got so homework to do.
I need to spend some time on this so I understand what is going
on before I convert these documents.

Thanks for your help.

Ron