Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cayce

Default autoshape text wrapping

Ok, context sensitive help makes sense. What doesn't make sense is the
builtin help in Word that tells me to use the Format Autoshape command.

So, I'm back to my original problem.

Do you have any idea on how I can accomplish my goal of getting the text to
wrap around the text box that is straddling the two text boxes that are
behind it?

thanks.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Text Boxes are *not* AutoShapes, so the last command in the Format Menu will
read as Text Box if you select a Text Box. If you draw a rectangle, elipse,
etc., that same command position will read as AutoShape. IOW, the command is
context sensitive.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"cayce" wrote in message
I am trying to wrap text around one text box that will straddle 2 text
boxes
behind it. I am using Word 97. The built in Word help states:
"You can choose how you want text to wrap around a graphic or text box.
For
example, you can place a graphic between columns of text and still retain
the
column format.
To wrap text around a graphic or text box, select the graphic or the text
box, click AutoShape on the Format menu, click the Wrapping tab, and then
select the wrapping options you want. "

The problem: there is no Autoshape on the Format menu. There is a "Set
Autoshape Default" when I right click on the text box border. When I do
this,
I get no dialogue box. In fact, nothing happens. I had set the Format Text
Box, text wrapping tab to Square and both sides, but this has no effect.

Any ideas on how to deal with this?

thanks