Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
stargazer7 stargazer7 is offline

Default Can I make headers & footers appear on only some pages?

In brief -- my desires are simple: I have a 30-page document, on which I
wish to have a pretty simple header and footer, i.e. the same on every page,
with the exception of (obviously) changing page numbers. The one stipulation
is, I want the headers and footers to begin on page 6.

Well, regarding this thread to which I am replying -- I knew about section
breaks, etc. However -- even though I have "Section 2" beginning at the
proper place (page 6), the header and footer I have inserted STILL SHOW on
*previous* pages within "Section 1." This, even after going to Page Setup
within the Header/Footer window and selecting "Section start: New page." I
also selected "Apply to: This section" . . . but the header and footer still
show in Section 1.

Any ideas? All constructive comments, advice and instructions are accepted
with gratitude. If you have none, a good joke might keep me from going
insane ... lol.
-------
Dave G.,
PC builder (and destroyer)
Northern Virginia, USA

"Trent SC" wrote:

Ah, hadn't thought of that.

Many thanks.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
It can be done. Try using different sections. (There may be other ways but
that's what I've done)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Trent SC" wrote in message
Using Word 2003 (11.8202.8202) SP3...

I'd like to be able to define how headers and footers appear on my
documents, and haven't been able to work out exactly how to do this. The
main requirement is to have Word not show them on specific pages (the
first and last, typically) and any advice the group can give would be
much appreciated.

TIA