Tish

Default WORD XP - setting tabs on ruler not accurate

At our office one individual states when setting tab stops on the ruler they
are not accurate. She tries to set a tab at 1.5" and the tab will only set
to the left or right of 1.5". I had her check the default tab set under
format - tab and it states 0.5". I also gave her the option to hold down the
ALT key while setting the tab to view the actual measurement and adjust from
there. Do you know if there is a known problem with the Word ruler and
accuracy? We have been using Word XP since August of 2003 and this just
started happening yesterday. Any ideas what could have caused this?
--
Tish