love2sail

Default Accidentally removed "symbol" from Insert menu...Help Please!

I am using Word 2002 and was playing around with the insert symbol menu and
was trying to figure out a short cut to insert an em dash. It said that the
shortcut was ctrl+alt+Num I didn't know what "Num" represented so I hit
ctrl+alt+M that brought up insert comment, not what i wanted. Then I hit
ctrl+alt+1 and that changed the size of the text for the entire document so I
hit undo. Somehow in the process the mouse cursor got changed to a solid
horzontal short black line and when I went back to the insert menu to bring
up the symbols I clicked on "symbols" and it removed it from the drop down
all together and now I can't find it or get it back on the insert menu.

Anybody know what I did and how to get "symbols" back on the insert menu?

Please help! Thanks!

Steve