Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedChicago TedChicago is offline

Default MathType Tool Bar does not appear on ribbon of Office 2007 Ult

I have both Office Ultimate 2007 and MathType 6.0. Until today, I had the
MathType tab on my ribbon. Somehow it has disappeared. I followed the
instructions below (downlaod and "re"-install) but no luck. I do have the
tab in PowerPoint, though. Can anyone offer some suggestions? Thanks.
--
Ted in Chicago

"Steven" wrote:

Bob and Herb
I went to MathType, got their phone number and called them concerning this
issue. They said this is a common issue when loading in Ofice 2007 Ultimate
and to do this:
DO NOT UNINSTALL MathType. Go to their website and click on the thirty day
free trial download. Click on the download which will detect if you have
MathType or the Lite version. Click OK and then download and install again
without uninstalling your present copy. Uninstalling your copy of MathType
confuses the MathType downlaod server and causes a lot of peoblems. It is
important not to have any open windows, especially Office programs while
downloading and installing.
Once this is accomplished there is no need to re-boot. Open Word or Excel or
any Office suite program that utilizes MathType and viola! MathType appears
between the Developer and View tabs on the ribbon and is ready to use. I did
these things and now my MathType Lite is on the ribbon and functioning
perfectly.
I'd like to thank both you guys for your assistance and always appreciate
the fact you're here to help. Hope this information is beneficial to you two
and any others who may have experienced the same thing. Thanks again. Steven,
Northglenn, CO
--
That''''''''s it!

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Thanks for the intervention, Bob. If anybody knows about what does and
doesn't work with MathType in Word 2007... you should!

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Bob Mathews" wrote in message
Steven, the Developer tab isn't necessary in order for the MathType
tab to show up, but having it there doesn't hurt anything, so you
don't need to delete it if it isn't in the way.

One thing you said that I need clarification on before we go farther
-- you "had the trial version and let it expire". You never said you
purchased MathType. One of the features that is in the full version of
MathType that isn't in MathType Lite (the expired version) is the
Ribbon tab in Word & PowerPoint 2007. If you've purchased a copy of
MathType, I can help you get the tab back. If you're trying to find
the tab with the expired version, there's nothing we can do to get it
back short of purchasing a product key. You should still be able to
use MathType Lite in Word 2007 by going to the Insert tab, and in the
Text group, click on Object. MathType Lite should be in there.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor

On 28-Aug-2008, Steven wrote:

I appreciated your comments Bob. I loaded the Developer tab onto
the ribbon and still noted there is no MathType tab. One thing; I
had the trial version and let it expire. When this happens you are
allowed to keep a modified version minus a few bells and whistles.
I am currently a university student and am in two math classes on
line. I have to turn in a test this Sunday and am desperate to find
the MathType somewhere on my computer so I can see what
version it is. I've only had it for one month so I am assuming it is
at least Math 6. What do you think? Could you tell me where I can
locate it since it's not on my Word screen? Also, I read the install
instructions very carefully when I installed MathType and had to go
into Ofice 2003 and do some stuff I can't remember the first time it
loaded. Since it works so very well I assumed I followed all
directions on the initial install.