Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MathType Support MathType Support is offline

Default MathType Tool Bar does not appear on ribbon of Office 2007 Ult

Hi,
The Microsoft Auto-updates at times will turn off the add-ins but fail to
turn them back on when they complete their task. Heres what to do;

1. Open Word.
2. From the Office button (top-left) choose Word Options
3. In the resulting window, on the left side click on Add-ins
4. At the bottom of the window, from the drop-down menu choose Word Add-ins
and click Go.
5. In the resulting window the following files must be checked;
-- MathType commands 6 for Word.dotm
-- MathPage.wll
-- Word Cmds.dot
6. Click OK

That should do it.

Jamie Gutierrez
Technical Support
Design Science, Inc.
140 Pine Avenue, 4th Floor
Long Beach, California 90802
USA

Tel: (562) 432-2920
Fax: (562) 432-2857

www.dessci.com

Many commonly reported problems are addressed on our website. You may view
our Technical Support Notices at
http://dessci.com/en/support/mathtype/tncentral.htm

"Sara" wrote:

I was having a similar problem...no MathType tab. When I went to Word
Options Add-ins I noticed that under "Disabled Application Add-Ins" was
listed "MathType Commands 6 for Word". When I clicked "Go" next to Manage
COM Add-Ins, Aware MS Office Addin was the only available option and it was
checked. Below, it said "Load Behavior: Not loaded. A runtime error occured
during the loading of the COM add-in". Clicking "OK" seemed to do nothing.

However, when I went to Word Options Add-Ins Manage: Templates (instead
of "COM Add-Ins"), I had the option to check "Microsoft Commands 6 for Word"
which had previously been unchecked. That seemed to work for me.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Word Options Add-ins Manage COM add-ins and check that it has not been
disabled. If it has, re-enable it.

TedChicago wrote:
I have both Office Ultimate 2007 and MathType 6.0. Until today, I had
the MathType tab on my ribbon. Somehow it has disappeared. I
followed the instructions below (downlaod and "re"-install) but no
luck. I do have the tab in PowerPoint, though. Can anyone offer some
suggestions? Thanks.

Bob and Herb
I went to MathType, got their phone number and called them
concerning this issue. They said this is a common issue when loading
in Ofice 2007 Ultimate and to do this:
DO NOT UNINSTALL MathType. Go to their website and click on the
thirty day free trial download. Click on the download which will
detect if you have MathType or the Lite version. Click OK and then
download and install again without uninstalling your present copy.
Uninstalling your copy of MathType confuses the MathType downlaod
server and causes a lot of peoblems. It is important not to have any
open windows, especially Office programs while downloading and
installing.
Once this is accomplished there is no need to re-boot. Open Word or
Excel or any Office suite program that utilizes MathType and viola!
MathType appears between the Developer and View tabs on the ribbon
and is ready to use. I did these things and now my MathType Lite is
on the ribbon and functioning perfectly.
I'd like to thank both you guys for your assistance and always
appreciate the fact you're here to help. Hope this information is
beneficial to you two and any others who may have experienced the
same thing. Thanks again. Steven, Northglenn, CO
--
That''''''''s it!

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Thanks for the intervention, Bob. If anybody knows about what does
and doesn't work with MathType in Word 2007... you should!

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Bob Mathews" wrote in message
Steven, the Developer tab isn't necessary in order for the MathType
tab to show up, but having it there doesn't hurt anything, so you
don't need to delete it if it isn't in the way.

One thing you said that I need clarification on before we go
farther -- you "had the trial version and let it expire". You
never said you purchased MathType. One of the features that is in
the full version of MathType that isn't in MathType Lite (the
expired version) is the Ribbon tab in Word & PowerPoint 2007. If
you've purchased a copy of MathType, I can help you get the tab
back. If you're trying to find the tab with the expired version,
there's nothing we can do to get it back short of purchasing a
product key. You should still be able to use MathType Lite in Word
2007 by going to the Insert tab, and in the Text group, click on
Object. MathType Lite should be in there.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor

On 28-Aug-2008, Steven wrote:

I appreciated your comments Bob. I loaded the Developer tab onto
the ribbon and still noted there is no MathType tab. One thing; I
had the trial version and let it expire. When this happens you are
allowed to keep a modified version minus a few bells and whistles.
I am currently a university student and am in two math classes on
line. I have to turn in a test this Sunday and am desperate to
find the MathType somewhere on my computer so I can see what
version it is. I've only had it for one month so I am assuming it
is at least Math 6. What do you think? Could you tell me where I
can locate it since it's not on my Word screen? Also, I read the
install instructions very carefully when I installed MathType and
had to go into Ofice 2003 and do some stuff I can't remember the
first time it loaded. Since it works so very well I assumed I
followed all directions on the initial install.