tvanellen

Thank you,
Works well for the ToC, but I cannot find how to make my annex headings show
up properly (1, 1.1, 1.2) , and not something like 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1. Any
suggestions?

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

One way is to use TC fields to mark only the entries you want to
appear in the Table of Contents, and then generate a Table of
Contents from the TC fields.

Another way, if your Table of Contents is generated from built-in
Heading styles, is use Heading 1 through Heading 5 (or as many
levels as needed) for the main part of the document, and Heading
6 through Heading 9 (or the remaining levels) for the annexes, as
described in
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html
.. When you generate the Table of Contents, you can choose to
include only the first five (or whatever) heading levels, which
will exclude the annexes that are formatted with numerically
higher heading levels.

tvanellen wrote:

I have a document consisting of several sections. I want to make a tabel of
contents for only the first section (the text of my report, the other
sections contain annexes to the report). When I make a table of contents
(ToC), Word also includes the headings of the annexes in it, what I do not
want. Waht is the simplest way to tell Word to make a TOC of one section only?
thnx