Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Field not previewing or printing

The black dotted line suggests that the text underlined is formatted with
the font's hidden attribute set.
You have hidden text set as displayed, but not printable. Select the
underlined text and remove the hidden attribute.

Bagheera wrote:
I am creating name labels for a conference with the delegates' names
and their organisations. It all shows fine on screen in Print Layout
but in Print Preview, the organisation field does not show, nor does
it print.

In Print Layout, the organisation field has a black dotted line
underneath it. Is this significant?

I am using Word 2007 with the data in Excel 2007. I used the 'Insert
Merge Field' dropdown to insert the fields rather than an address
block.