Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default how to customize File...Open diaglog box

There was no Places Bar in Office 97. See
http://www.gmayor.com/customize_the_word_places_bar.htm

"Mike" wrote in message
Thanks for your replay. However, I am not looking to set a "default"
location. I am looking to change the default list that is displayed in the
window pane to the left in the File...Open or save.. dialog box. the

defaults
are "My recent documents" , "desktop", "my documents", "my computer" and

"my
network places". that is the list I want to modify. I used to have a

reghack
for it with office 97 but I no longer have it.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Mike wrote:
How do I change the settings in the File..Open dialog box so that I
can set what locations I want to display be default? I would like to
do the same thing with the save dialog box so that the same locations
are displayed? Is this a registry tweak and where do I find it, or is
there some add-on I can use to do this? thanks

Go to Tools Options File Locations and change the "Documents"

setting to
the folder you want to be the default location.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

newsgroup so