Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default I get "W" with a line through when I type "\"

Have you checked Tools | AutoCorrect Options to see if there is an entry for
\?

"mogwai" wrote in message
Word 2003, XP (SP2)

Hi,

Everytime I type "\" I get a struck-through capital "w".

I don't have "strike-through" enabled in the "Font" box (Format Font) or
the "Formatting" toolbar.

I don't have "Track Changes" enabled (Tools Track Changes; or the
"Reviewing" toolbar)

What do I have to do to disable whatever I've inadvertently enabled?

Thanks.