Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
L Lightner

Default Converting Word Documents into WordPerfect format

Her computer is not part of a network. I do remember that she mentioned that
her hard drive was partitioned. Could this have an effect?

I think I'll have her ask the consultant who works on her computer download
and install that older text converter just to be sure.

Thank you so much for your expertise!
--
L Lightner

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

It should work with all Word versions from at least 2000 provided you have
the required permissions to edit the registry.

Is the attorney in an administered network environment, and not allowed to
save changes to the registry? If not Try rebooting the PC to re-read the
registry changes.

L Lightner wrote:
I downloaded that filter from gmayor.com. It worked like a charm on my
computer (I have WordPerfect 8.0 and Word 2003.) Then, I tried it on
the attorney's computer and it didn't work. (The only obvious
difference is that she has WordPerfect 8.0 and Word 2002.)

Any ideas?

Thank you!

The old WP filter with the ability to save in WP format is linked
from the downloads page of my web site.

L Lightner wrote:
I am trying to help an attorney friend of mine. She primarily uses
WordPerfect 8.0, but she has recently also begun to use Word 2003. I
see how you can save a WordPerfect document into Word format, but
when I'm in Word (Save As dialog box) I don't see an option (Save As
Type list) for saving in WordPerfect format.

In addition to an answer to the question above, I am also looking
for advice as to good articles online that deals with all issues
involved in converting Word and WordPerfect etc.

Thank you so much in advance!