Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DDE DDE is offline

Default Word 2007 Learning Curve

I have a problem when I save a word file that I have downloaded off of the
internet site where I do online teaching. If I click save as, I then choose
the location in my computer. And it works fine. If I download the file, and
then click save, and then edit the file, and then click save, and then close
the file, it disappears. I can not find it anywhere in my computer. The
search option in my startup menu will not find it.

Where is it? How do I get to it?

Help, please.
--
DDE

"JMB" wrote:

I'll make an honest attempt to give this question/feedback a positive twist.
I have been using Word/Excel etc. for years now and consider myself somewhat
of an expert user. Now I have a new computer with Vista and Office 2007. And
I essentially find myself facing this predicament of going up an enormously
steep learning curve, i.e. relearning how to wordprocess and spreadsheet
almost from scratch all over again. The new and improved of Office 2007 apps
may look much more "politically correct" than in previous versions, but so
far my experience has been that it can hardly get any less user friendly and
more convoluted than this. I'm giving it a very serious try here, but I'm
also beginning to think about throwing in the towel. Anybody out there that
can offer any useful advice as to how I can actually start using the Office
2007 applications without letting all my previous experience and know-how
completely go to waste?
--
JMB