Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Mysterious changes in new hyperlink - backslash becomes forward slash

Hi Artful_Dodger,

Check in Tools/Options/General/Web Options/File. Is the checkbox to "update
links" when saving activated? If it is, try deactivating and see if that
helps.

Existing hyperlinks work ok but news I try to create are changing their
formatting after I create them.

Correct file name displayed at time manual selection of target file (in a
subordinate directory called "testing") in "Edit hyperlink" window is:

testing\Quiz number 2.doc

After closing the "Edit window" when I try to activate the link I get error
msg "Cannot open specified file."

File name displayed upon reopening "Edit hyperlink" window is:

testing/Quiz%20number%202.doc

The backslash has mysteriously and all of sudden been converted to a
forwardslash.

Existing hyperlinks still work and opening and closing the "Edit hyperlink"
window doesn't cause this chage.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org