Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Artful_Dodger via OfficeKB.com Artful_Dodger via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Mysterious changes in new hyperlink - backslash becomes forward slash

Thank you for your suggestion, Cindy. Alas, it doesn't help.

The most recent link I created started out as

Business\BUL 1240 -- Quiz#3.doc

but materialized finally as

Business/BUL%201240%20--%20Quiz#3.doc

Earlier links still have the backslash and still work.

There's no hyperlink base for this document, btw, for what it's worth.

I appreciate your efforts to help very much.

A. Dodger

Cindy M. wrote:

Hi Artful_Dodger,

Check in Tools/Options/General/Web Options/File. Is the checkbox to "update
links" when saving activated? If it is, try deactivating and see if that
helps.

Existing hyperlinks work ok but news I try to create are changing their
formatting after I create them.

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
Existing hyperlinks still work and opening and closing the "Edit hyperlink"
window doesn't cause this chage.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org